- To encourage the study and research of family history in Hastings & Rother
- To assist members and non-members in their research of their ancestry
- To facilitate access to resources held by the Society and to other sources of information
- To archive resources and information related to the area which have been provided by members and non-members.
- To continually research primary and secondary sources and build upon the resources available
The HRFHS was formed in 1986 to encourage the study and research of family history in Hastings and Rother. This area is often referred to as ‘1066 Country’ due to its connection with the Norman Conquest at the Battle of Hastings, 1066. Today, the Society has a world-wide membership and is itself a member of the Federation of Family History Societies. The HRFHS is a Registered Charity, Number 298438.
The day-to-day running of the Society is carried out by the Committee, as Trustees, made up of: President; Chairman; Secretary; Treasurer; and other members with varying responsibilities. All Committee members act in a purely voluntary capacity.
The financial year is from 1st April to 31st March. The open Annual General Meeting is held on 2nd Wednesday of June.
The full Constitution is available in the Members’ Area. Current Committee Members are listed on the contacts page